Centurion 4-year-old survives near-drowning
The child was transported to a nearby hospital under advanced paramedic care of Netcare 911.
A 4-year-old child was in a critical but stable condition after a near-drowning in Wierdapark on Friday.
This as the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) responded to a near- drowning incident.
Cert said the child was transported to a nearby hospital under advanced paramedic care of Netcare 911.
Basic swimming pool safety tips to help keep your loved-ones safe.
– Gates and fencing around a swimming pool are a necessity. It can keep small children away from the pool.
– Pool covers, in conjunction with a gate and fencing around the pool, can add to the safety measures. Pool covers can further assist in preventing someone falling into the swimming pool. It should prevent them from going under the water.
– Never let your child or anyone else swim or be alone in the pool area. Having two people in the pool at the same time increases awareness. This way someone can call for help should an emergency arise.
– Adults who can swim should be present at the pool at all times in case of unexpected eventualities.
– Safety inflatable rubber or plastic devices should be readily available and easily accessible so they can be thrown in to aid a victim in trouble.
– Teach your children how to swim and, if possible, provide them with armbands, pool noodles and kicker boards if they are not fully skilled at swimming.
Source Rekord: https://bit.ly/36gnCXW